Education. Opportunity. Achievement. Community. We offer our members each of these and more. Since 1956, members, volunteers and employees have worked together to build a financial community that thrives on these core values. Founded by the teachers of the local school district, Edge Federal Credit Union's mission is to educate by providing educational opportunities alongside traditional banking products and services.
Our History: Find out where we come from and what we are about.
- 1956 - Founded by the teachers of the Liverpool Central School District. Initially operations were small, totaling an initial asset size of only $35.00, and serving only the faculty and staff of the school district.
- 1975 - Began to offer checking accounts and started to increase the services available to members.
- 2001 - Began financial assistance to college students by offering scholarships.
- 2004 - Ground broke at 7545 Morgan Road to build what is now the central branch for Edge Federal Credit Union.
- 2011 - Increased membership to include additional employer groups.
- 2012 - Launched new brand and name “Edge Federal Credit Union”
- 2014 - Received CAMEO Award for Community Outreach
In 2012 the credit union name was officially changed to Edge Federal Credit Union. The “e” remains red on our logo to represent the importance of education to our mission. As more educational organizations started taking advantage of the products and services offered by our credit union, a new name was needed to be all inclusive and to create a financial community rooted deep in education.
Who Can Join: Edge serves a unique community.
- Edge Federal Credit Union currently extends membership to include students, employees and families of:
- Alzheimer's Association
- Bayberry Community Association
- Cornerstone Distributions Inc.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Eagle Pointe Townhomes
- Elden Elementary Students & Families (Baldwinsville CSD)
- Gold's Gym
- Harborside Manor
- Healing Hands Chiropractic
- Info Quick Solutions
- Liverpool CSD
- Liverpool Public Library
- Phoenix CSD
- Phoenix Public Library
- Saddle Club Townhomes
- Syracuse Dental Assistant School
- Wealth Resources Network
- Wellness Explosion
- Any questions about membership qualifications or offering membership to employees, please contact us.
Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor (CCUFC)
- From household budgeting to debt management.
- Explore exclusive discounts just because of membership.
- Edge offers scholarships in traditional and non-traditional ways.
- Save with discounted rates for members on life, auto, AD&D, Medicare and home insurance.
- Save on prescriptions by printing your Edge FCU CVS Caremark Card and presenting it at participating pharmacies. The card has no effect on your insurance and you can use it over and over again to save money each time you fill your prescriptions.
TruStage Insurance Products
And much more! Contact us with questions about any of our member benefits.